Friday, December 10, 2010

The Pride Of Norway

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last time I wore these socks was in Edmonton while visiting my friend Monika. She commented on how her father, Nordahl, would really dig my socks due to his extreme Norwegian pride. When we were kids Monika and I would have to paint giant Norwegian flags on bristol board for her dad's "Sons Of Norway" meetings and marches. Needless to say, every time I wear these socks I think of old Nordahl and his approval of my choices. Now, while these socks are fantastically fashionable, they are, more importantly, very functional. Despite my previous inclinations that New York weather would be far superior to the snowy, frigid, snot freezing cold of my homeland.... I was sorely mistaken. Yes, there's no snow here, yeah it's only -3 today... so what! It's windy. Very, very windy - at least in Greenpoint where I am living. They say it's due to the close proximity to the Hudson River (I'm a block off the river) but holy hell that cold air really cuts like a knife! Today's outfit was purely based on the foundation of being warm while I stomped my way to the grocery store. The red lipstick (new!) was just a little icing on the cake. I think the Polish ladies that swarm this neighbourhood liked it though!

P.S:  I bought homemade perogies at the grocery store today. Best. Day. Ever.




Photobucket

Photobucket

Sweater: F21, Jean Shirt: Joe Fresh,  Winter Leggings: AA, Shearling Wedges: Aldo, Necklace: Millicent, Lipstick: "Lady Danger" M.A.C

2 comments:

  1. Nordahl would be proud! you are too cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! Sooo cute!!! I found your blog through Ashley at Lions Lace Lattes...great to find another Calgarian :)

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete