Monday, June 7, 2010

Fail fail fail


So I knew this may happen. I knew I would finally get a real job when the temperature started rising and my heart started bloating from the heat. I pictured these summer days unfolding on the dock out at my cottage.... hours shared between nail painting, book reading and dips in the cool waters.

Dream shattered. Bank account drained. Here I am at my new job with a summer schedule of working Sundays and my summer cabin 4 hours away is getting farther and farther. Such a shame. I wish I had the foresight to work harder at working through the gloomy winter days and saved up all my pennies to live it up through the summer months.

I finally got a job working at a furniture store here in Calgary, called Montauk Sofa. All the sofas are made in Montreal from naturally fallen and sourced maple trees; the company is proudly and profoundly carbon negative. Every piece to the sofa is handmade by a group of French Canadians with a love that only comes from a job of true craftsmanship. Although my heart has always been in Fashion, I must say working for a company that is environmentally responsible while being beautiful and swelling with pride towards their craft is enough for me to ignore that there are no pretty dresses to surround myself in.

Regardless of all these life changes, one thing remains the same. My camera is still floating in the abyss of Camera Repairs. I believe my hardy Nikon is trapped in a shop in humid Vancouver- I wish I was there with it too.

Also, is it weird that I spent an hour searching google trying to find a salon in Edmonton or Calgary that will do this to my nails? So trashy and so fabulous, it's CalGel! The website claims that it's actually GOOD for your nails, makes them stronger and heals them while it's on. It's a fake nail, and I friggen like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment