Thursday, August 26, 2010

The disfunctional relationship of love/hate


"I’ve been thinking a lot lately about fashion blogger cliches–namely because when a lot of people meet me in real life they are 1. underwhelmed by what I’m wearing 2. shocked I can’t name drop ‘cool’ designers 3. more shocked that I don’t care. I like fashion. I like it a lot. I think it’s an incredible creative outlet and admire those people who can effortlessly do it season after season. That being said, I’ve never had this crazy desire (that I do for science or people) to learn about it. I think paying excessive sums of money for clothes is crazy (i was ogling things on net-a-porter the other day: $2000 dollars for dress pants?!?). I think being a snob about clothing is even more crazy. I think this is why I have a love-hate relationship with fashion. I LOVE beautiful clothes and shoes, but I hate this exclusive culture that surrounds fashion. Like really? Over something so frivolous?"

As quoted by fellow Canadian, Vanessa of The Haute Pursuit . Get out of my head, and into my car gurrrrl!

No comments:

Post a Comment