Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Turqouise and Olive

door1 008

door1 005

door1 011



door1 003
Silk Top: Vintage, Olive Bandage Skirt: Wilfred, Thrifted, Necklace: Millicent


I decided I needed another bandage skirt in my wardrobe, the other was getting a little ratty from all the wear. I found this olive one at a great consignment store in Kensington, called Trends. Marlis and I went for a little gander on a very hot day and popped in there for a little AC and retail therapy. The skirt is actually longer and super stretchy that I could even wear it as a (short) little strapless dress with some leggings in the fall (you give me any thing dual purpose and I am completely sold). Also, I have to tell you I was so excited when I found this top at a thrift store in Edmonton, it's the perfect colour and is a really beautiful silk. I had in bawled it up in a bag to go to the dry cleaner for about a month and then decided on a whim that I would try to find a way to clean it myself for FREE. After some research online I found a really helpful lady that told me this;
Hand wash garment in luke warm water with a little detergent
Rinse with warm water
Draw another warm bath of water and add white vinegar (this will regain the sheen to the fabric)
Rinse again and roll up in a towel to ring out water
Finish off with laying flat to dry on a towel

Genius! Not only did it come out clean, but so much shiner and posh looking. Vinegar. That is the trick, who knew?! Go forth and never dry clean again.

1 comment: