Monday, August 23, 2010

some things

get-attachment-1aspx copy
The new fur.

tumblr_l00dwsgd9W1qzsxa3o1_500
I'm not sure if this is a real tattoo, but either way I approve.

4452282939_07078264fc_o
dark and smokey

IMG_0035
A real piece from Audrey. My favorite painting Audrey made, which is now hanging in my living room. Nothing makes me feel more at home than this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Sorry pals! I just got home from 4 days in Edmonton, where I hung out with my grandparents for the weekend. On Friday we went to the new(ish) Alberta Art Gallery and cultured ourselves. My grandfather had a hard time grasping the Contemporary Art galleries that were being shown this month. There was a lot of "what the hell is that?" and "is this just trash someone left here, or is this actually art?" and don't even get me started on the installation pieces.... needless to say I had to do a lot of shushing and muted giggling. Don't you just love grandparents?!

Anyway, besides the gallery I finally got to go to my favorite bead store and stocked up on a huge bag of new supplies. I am excited for the creating that I plan on doing this week. I love new things, but then again who doesnt. Millicent fall/winter 2010, big things are happening! Excited!

Speaking of art, inspiring things and creating...I thought today's post would be a few images that are inspiring me these days. I have a flooding over inspiration folder on my computer, but these are my fav photo's I've procured lately.

Also, sorry I dont remember where all the images came from - it's been a while since I acquired a few of them - but they still resonate so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment