Sunday, July 4, 2010

Cabanya Weekend

DSC_0100 copy
DSC_0090 copy
DSC_0115 copy
DSC_0067
DSC_0105 copy
Dress: Forever 21
Sandals: Birkenstock
Sunnies: "O" By Oscar DeLaRenta
Rings: Cameo- Hawaii, Coral - Vintage Phoenix Flea Market
Nail polish : OPI, Suzi Sells Sushi

Usually come May long weekend I have already made my first trip out to Wabamun Lake and got my toes wet, but this year weekends have felt rushed and lacking in heat. This weekend marked my first cottage excursion of the year and I couldn't of been more happy ! My childhood summers were spent lounging around the lake building forts and catching minnows. Now a days my time spent there always feels too short but very relaxed. R and I made the 4 hour drive on Wednesday night to catch some rays on the pier and tackle a few pages of our neglected books.

I managed to bring along my new dress I got from Forever 21 for a test drive in true prairie country fashion. It ended up being the perfect thing after a day spent in the lake and not wanting the confines of pants but needing the extra length as the evening wore on (mosquito's be dammed!)

After a few days of solitude we headed across the lake to our friend, Jeremy's place and got our sangria/fishing/tanning/dog playing time in as well. I'd say a well rounded, fun weekend was defiantly had.

No comments:

Post a Comment