Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A little kid in grown up clothing

DSC_0002
DSC_0004
DSC_0005
DSC_0010

I received an email from some new website, LOOKVILLE last week stating they "loved my blog" and wanted me to be a member of this new beta site where you put up photo's of yourself and what you're wearing along with some ambiguous question about said outfit. It all felt a little funny but I already had these photo's so I gave it a whirl. After sitting there trying to think of a question, I settled on "Does this crochet crop top squish my boobs too much?" (every time I wear it, I'm continually pulling it down & over my dress underneath) . This was my favorite answer; "It makes you look like a little kid trying to dress like an adult" from a 50-60 year old lady dressed head to toe in American flag patterned clothing. Now, I must state I enjoy a little criticism, but when it comes to clothing, I rarely ask for an opinion. If I wanted to look like everyone else, or a Bruce Springsteen album cover, I would dress at the Gap - so thanks but no thanks old lady.

The whole concept of Lookville seems a little desperate and devoid of any self confidence. Although, I should be happy that a little check & balance does exist out there when someone puts on a belly top, mini skirt and 5" stilettos - however, I feel like the question should be "do I look like a prostitute in this?" and not "would hot pink heels be better?" but that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment