Tuesday, October 19, 2010

HBC

dec09HBCcoats1_lg-371x580

DSC_0036

DSC_0025





Since knowing I was going to move out of the country, I started to feel nostalgic of all the little things I always took for granted. Being from the prairies I'm used to the vastness of canola fields and lonesome hay bails, but recently it's been harvest season here and I don't think prior to this year I have really noticed. On my weekly pilgrimage down Highway 2 I noticed the farmers hard at work tilling the fields in the dark. A giant machine all lit up plowing through the dried up land, so much dust turning up I could barely see 3 feet in front of me on the adjacent highway. It really made me realize how crappy my own work ethic really is compared to these guys. I have some mad respect.

Anyway, on my last trip West I went to the Hudsons Bay Company in downtown Vancouver with my best friend, Amber. I remembered seeing this amazing Bay Blanket jacket as done by Canadian designer, Smythe on the cover of Fashion Magazine during the Winter Olympics last year.There is nothing more quintessentially Canadian than the striped wool blanket associated with Museum dioramas showcasing Natives trading with the British. I was really excited to see it hanging on the racks in front of me and had to try it on.... now, if only I had some extra dosh sitting to around to make it mine. 

4 comments:

  1. You look so adorable in that jacket! When are you leaving for NY?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eekkkkk that's my favorite session of the bay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I died a little for that jacket last year and posted about it before it was even produced for 'the masses'... and now they actually sell it and it kills me even more because I can't afford the $600(or was it $700) to get the jacket. It looks awesome on you... get it and I will gladly borrow it. yes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ashley,

    i leave in exactly one month, not that im counting...

    ReplyDelete