Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Searching For Perfection

For about 6 months now I have been bitching and complaining about how I need a new bag. Any ear that would listen would get a full spiel about how I just can't settle on any one bag - how not anything will do. This bag needs to be perfect in every possible way. It must be leather (as much as I love animals, I really hate fake leather. It looks cheap... and it's too disposable. I want to have this bag forever. I want to pass the bag down to the children that I may or may not have. I want it to be perfect) it preferably will be either black or brown or most ideally both black and brown. It will have two straps, cross body and shorter for when I want to carry it with a pathetic limp arm like Paris Hilton. It won't be overly structured, because I am not overly structured and it will be a good, medium size to fit what I need while not encouraging me to go overboard and put my shoulder out.

Anyway, the search has brought me to many but few are good enough for me to just go for it and make it mine. Nothing is speaking to me loudly enough.

Until today. Today I got an email from Anthropologie, and while I find their clothing lately to be too much on the embellishment side - too many ruffles, too much embroidery, too girly. I do, however consistently love their bags. Beautiful patterned linings, soft buttery leather, and always providing a number of good slouchy options that fit my ever growing list of needs for my perfect  bag.

These are the options as of late. (in order of preference)




While I was searching, I went to Asos to try to find some other options... although it really doesn't fit my criteria, I just think this is kind of beautiful and wild.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you took the words out of my mouth with your purse wish list... except I want it to be black because I always go for brown... always. So, I got one at Roots today! Yeah...
    Hmmmm. I say middle one, she's a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the third one, I dunno, it's just the right kind of fussy-simple.

    ReplyDelete