Monday, September 27, 2010

Autumn Colours

DSC_0008

DSC_0023 copy

DSC_0045

DSC_0016

DSC_0039


Smoking Jacket: Vintage. Scarf: Vintage. Semi Sheer Tee: Joe. Jeans: Domino, Nokomis. Boots: Frye, Gravity Pope

It's kinda crazy leaving a city and coming home to discover a whole new season is in full swing. The leaves have completely changed over from the blazing greens to the bright yellows and reds. They flutter down to meet my feet... and it all happen in a week! I must not complain, because autumn lasts about 3 minutes in Alberta and it really is the prettiest time of the year.

I got this great vintage smoking jacket on a trip to Duncan last week sometime. It's made of this fabulous heavy quilted silk and in really great condition. Now, a vintage robe is something I covet in my home, with my hair wrapped up in a towel (Queen Sheba, my grandfather would call me), but a vintage smoking jacket is the perfect lazy fall jacket! I also scored this crazy leopard and floral print silk scarf from the same shop in Duncan. I picture some eccentric artist lady wandering the aisles of the market in this scarf's previous life. The trendy animal print is happening, and although I saw some pretty wild leopard bags in my travels, this scarf was a little more my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment