Thursday, September 23, 2010

wisdom and walking away

DSC_0070 copy

I met this owl yesterday. I was walking from the river behind the house and his giant wing span went swooping down in front of my face. I'm proud to say I didn't scream, but I was definitely shocked. My jaw dropped and a "holy shit!" came out of my mouth. He landed in the tree above me and continued to stare down at me. Toti had told me the following day that one day an owl had dive bombed her and bopped her on the top of the head. She felt like it was trying to tell her something, or was maybe just mad at her for walking on it's turf.... who knows. Needless to say all I could think about was how I hoped this particular owl wouldn't start dive bombing my head as I was standing under his tree staring at him. I was just very happy I didn't have any feather earrings on that day!



DSC_0015

Today I leave the island and fly back to my landlocked home in Calgary. Arrrrg. I guess I will have to stop dressing like an explorer on a daily basis and dust off those high heels for work on Friday. Booooo

No comments:

Post a Comment