Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's so right meow.

DSC_0012
Let this photo be a reminder that I need to pluck my eyebrows. Yikes. Sorry folks.

My obsession du jour... the cat eye. It should not surprise you that I am so on board for this make up trend (along with the wine stained lips) if you have ever seen any photos of me in my jr. high days. I would proudly sport my crazy wing tip eyeliner (sometimes it even would swirl on my temples into little filigree patterns) with brown/red lipstick & hair (frizzy, brushed out curls) parted down the middle. Of course, then I would wear too big men's suit trousers (termed: Old Man Pants) tightly cinched at the waist and plaid button ups that were easily 4 sizes too big with beer tees underneath. I think my mother was terrified of what I may turn into and put me in an all girls school with uniforms, assumably to stifle my fashion creativity on a Monday-Friday basis. Eventually, at school they forbid us to wear crazy eye make up and told us to stop rolling our kilts up so high. We were all obsessed with The Craft and felt a deep connection with chunky heeled black boots and hap-hazzardly buttoned up white shirts that the girls would sport. I would love to say we didnt try to make eachother levitate and we didnt play Oujia at house parties, but of course that would be a blatant lie.

You know you're old when you can reminisce about the things you wore as a kid and now they are all coming back into style and that just seems crazy to you... not that I'm complaining- I'm pretty sure I have a few pairs of "old man" pants stashed away at my mum's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment