Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Charles Jourdan

guy_bourdin

Yesterday was my day off from work and I decided to treat myself to a "quick" trip to Value Village. I told myself I would only spend 1/2 hour there to ensure I would get other things done during the day.

Well, I guess I should know myself better than making these time lines as I ended up spending 2 HOURS in that damn store! Everywhere I turned there was more to root through, more treasures to potentially find. My extreme, bordering on obsessive, diligence was not completely in vain as I managed to waltz out of there with a giant bag of goodies. As an aside, is it just me or did VV get EXPONENTIALLY more expensive? $8 for a leather belt?! Are you kidding me, I used to spend 89 cents on a belt there...OK, I'm aging myself. Anyway, I came across these bizarre black and red suede heels that left me both intrigued and disgusted. The intrigued side of me won and I ended up taking the suckers home for 10 bucks.

These crazy shoes looked expensive so I decided to google them when I got home. As it turns out they are actually Charles Jourdan shoes from either the late 70's or 80's. Charles Jourdan, according to google were the "Louboutins of our mother's generation". His shoes were hot and racy and his advertising matched this image and helped sky rocket him into a coveted shoe brand of the time. I found this awesome advert from the 80's that was taken by photographer Guy Bourdin for the Jourdan campaign - I love it! Soon I will post some pictures of the shoes I found, but in the meantime you feast your eyes on this great ad!

2 comments:

  1. Score!
    I just found Gucci shoes at Goodwill... they hurt me feet but look like a million bucks!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pain, no gain bb!
    Gucci or not, you always look like a million bucks!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete